Friday, April 19, 2013

FEATURING JIM IYKE MEANS NIGERIA WILL CARRY THE DAY!



I love Jim Iyke. It goes without say that he is one of the best actors from Nigeria and from Africa. I would want to see him more often on the screen doing his thing. But truth be told, I don't understand why he has to be featured as the main character in a totally Kenyan Movie. if you are still in darkness, I'm talking about "My Life in Crime" by John Kiriamiti; very Kenyan. Its being filmed, as in turned into a movie. And Do you know who is acting as Jack Zollo, This dude down here in that picture. Jim Iyke. My view is, I think
we have great actors in Kenya, and if we want to get our own actors and actresses to the International level, I think we should sell them by featuring them in great movies like this one. For example, Oti (Olwenya Maina) of Nairobi Half Life could have pulled this character very nicely. He "knows" every "corner" in Kenya. The producers of the movie are saying that the movie is required to make a lot of money from the sales. And in their view, this can only be achieved by featuring a famous actor like Jim Iyke. This could have some truth in it but, believe me you, once this movie gets to the screens, Nigeria will carry the day and Kenya will be nowhere near viewer's minds. That's the real truth. Nairobi Half Life did not have to feature Tom cruise or Jammie Fox to sell. We featured our very own and you can bear me witness the Movie is making it big. Lets be realistic! This is definitely not the way to go. And this is how Naomi sees it!