Friday, August 28, 2015

Travel Diary: Lake Ol Bolossat


I had been looking for a travel buddy/ nature lover to hit Nyandarua and Laikipia county with. I have come to love this place for what it has to offer in terms of natural features. I finally did and yesterday we hit Lake Ol Bolossat. L. Ol Bolossat is located between the Aberdare Ranges and Dundori Ridge. It happens to be the only natural lake in Central Province. 
Visiting the lake had always been a childhood dream. I was telling my new travel buddy how as a kid we would visit my grandmother who lives around that area. My brothers
together with my uncles and aunts (same age group as my brothers) would trek to the lake. They however refused to take me with them in all their trips citing that I was too young. This really made me cry and I wanted nothing more than to visit the lake once I 'grew up'.

I guess I have now because yesterday I took that 'grown up' trip to the lake. It is beautiful! breathtaking! Amazing! Scenic! We couldn't get enough of it and we decided that we shall go back there with better cameras and to take a canoe ride. There is a hotel nearby where you can take meals/drinks and spend the night; Kichakani Paradise. Their cottages are breathtaking! Hope you enjoy the not so clear photos captured by me using my 4MPs camera. 
PS: We decided to visit a new place every 2 weeks whenever our crazy schedules allow.